At Hotel Maassluis we are committed to providing you with excellent service 24/7. To do so, we process personal information. It is important to comply with all legal requirements regarding the provision of our services. We hereby adhere to the requirements of the Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (AVG), which is applicable from the 25th of May 2018. This privacy statement below gives you an overview of how we, Hotel Maassluis, handle your data. This page describes what data is collected and for what purpose this data will be processed. We also state in this statement what your rights are and how you can exercise these rights.
Who are we?
Hotel Maassluis BV (KvK: 70745277) is located at the Govert van Wijnkade 48 in Maassluis. If there are any questions with regards to this privacy statement, the process of your data or other related topic, please do not hesitate to contact us via our email address email@example.com.
Processing of personal data
When you book an overnight stay with us or place a reservation for one of our meeting rooms, you can expect to receive excellent service at all times. To guarantee this, we process a number of personal details. In addition to processing data for the provision of the agreed service, we are required to process data due to statutory requirements. You will find insight into the objectives, legitimate foundations and retention periods of the process below.
- Guest administration
When making a booking online for an overnight stay in the hotel or when making a reservation for a meeting room, you will be asked for your:
- Name: so you can identify yourself at arrival.
- Email address: to send a confirmation via email, and to contact you with possible questions.
- Payment details: to complete the payment process and to guarantee your room reservation.
This data helps us to execute the agreement with you. This is also the information that we receive from external parties when you have made a booking through them.
Upon arrival at the hotel we will expand your details with your telephone number. This allows us to contact you quickly. When you are checking in for an overnight stay, we are legally obliged to check your identity by viewing an identity document. We will never make a copy of this identity document. We will only register which type of document we have viewed from you. We only process health data under your initiative and based on your consent. We process this date to provide you with a better service during your stay and will delete this data immediately after checkout.
We save your contact details for a maximum period of four months after the end of the agreement. We do this to support a possible complaint or investigation, for example by the police. We are, however, obliged to keep some of your data for a longer period to preserve a night register. We will remove payment details from our registration immediately after payment.
When you want to reserve a table in our restaurant, we ask you for your name, email address and telephone number. This data allows us to assign you a table. This data also allows us to contact you quickly to confirm your reservation and/or to ask any questions about your reservation. This facilitates us to deliver our service at a high level. When placing a reservation you will also be asked for you date of birth. Answering this question is not mandatory. This data is only used to offer extra services, such as celebrating a birthday.
We safe your contact information for a maximum period of one month after your visit. We do this to investigate any questions from you or our side.
- Application procedure
You can apply for vacancies via our website. Hereby we ask you to enter personal data. You name, gender, telephone number and email address are used by us to contact you in de correct manner. We also ask you for your date of birth, residential details and cv. This data is used during the initial screening. We will delete your data immediately after completing the application process. If you give your consent, Hotel Maassluis can save your data for a longer period of up to 1 year. This gives us the opportunity to contact you about relevant vacancies in the future.
- Contact via the website
You can find a contact form on our website, with this you can easily and quickly contact us. You name, email address and telephone number are only used to reply to your message. This data will be deleted within one month after your message has been processed.
Sharing your information
Hotel Maassluis works with various parties to offer our services. Personal data will not be shared with third parties unless this:
- Is necessary for the agreed service or serves as support for this. Hotel Maassluis aims to make the stay run as well and as easy as possible for the guest himself. Sharing your data with other parties is therefore permissible if this is necessary for the delivery of this agreed service. Examples of this are data that is shared for processing a reservation or handling an online payment.
- Derives from a legal obligation. We will share data with third parties when required by a legal obligation. An example can be when the municipality of the tac authorities apply for this data from a tax point of view. The sharing of this data will take place in a careful and secure manner.
- To support a legal investigation. When Hotel Maassluis is subjected to a legal investigation, personal data will be shared if this is deemed necessary for the investigation. An example of this is when there is a police investigation into an incident in or around the hotel.
- With your permission. With your permission we can share data with external parties. An example of this is when you want to exercise your right to transfer data. Permission for this action must be specific: it must be clear to all parties what consent is being given. Data we receive from other parties, such as booking websites, will be processed in a secure manner at all times. This data is subject to the AVG and is only processed for the purposes stated in this privacy statement. The AVG applies to every country within the EEA (European Economic Area). For sharing of data based on one of the above exceptions, Hotel Maassluis will adhere to all regulation specific in AVG. For sharing data outside the EEA, Hotel Maassluis will take additional security measures.
Rights of data subjects
Under the AVG you have a number of rights that you can exercise against is. These legal rights are as followed:
- Right to view, correct, supplement or delete data.
You have the right to view the personal data that we hold about you. If you feel that the data we process about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can invoke the right to change of supplement your data. In a number of cases (see article 17 of the AVG) you also have the right to remove your data from us. To exercise these rights, we ask you to contact us.
- Right to limit processing incorrect data or processing data in an unlawful manner, you can invoke the right to limit the processing. We will immediately stop processing and investigate the justice of this request.
- Right to object. Under certain circumstances you can object the processing of your data. This means that you can request that we no longer process your personal data.
- Right to transfer data. For data that we process from you on the basis of legitimate interest or permission obtained, you have the right to transfer your data. This means that we can send a copy of the data that we process from you to you or a third party. To exercise one or more of these rights or to ask questions about these rights, you can submit a request via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you within a month of receiving your request.
Withdrawal of permission
In addition to the rights mentioned above, you have the right to withdraw your consent. This will result in that we will immediately stop processing your data. You can withdraw your permission by submitting a request for this via email@example.com
We believe it is important that both you and your data are safe with us. To ensure your personal safety when you visit us, we use cameras. The camera footage will be saved for a maximum period of two weeks. If an accident report is made during this period and camera footage can provide information, Hotel Maassluis will exercise its right to save the camera footage for a longer period. In that case, the retention period is extended until the incident is resolved. The camera footages will only be shared with external parties when this s to promote the public interest, such as to support criminal prosecution.
Hotel Maassluis takes internal technological and organizational measures to ensure that access to the data is only granted to those for whom this is deemed necessary. In addition, recognized coding technologies are used to secure the sending of your data via our website.
Submitting a complaint
If you do not agree with the way we handle your data, you can submit an official complaint to Dutch Data Protection Authority. This is the official organization in the Netherlands that has the knowledge and authority to investigate your complaint correctly.
As an organization, we have other laws and regulations outside the AVG that we must comply with. One of these laws is Criminal Law, which obliged us to keep a night register of our hotel guests. We record your name and place of residence in this night register. We are obliged to keep this data for a period of 5 years. After this period has expired, this information will be deleted.
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies are necessary to keep a website up and running. This means that we always have to have cookies on our website. However, these cookies mainly collect statistics about traffic to and on the website and will not collect any personal data.
- Non-functional cookies.
Non-functional cookies are cookies that are not necessary for the website to function, but that give us a lot of insight into our visitors. A distinction is made between two types of non-functional cookies. For example, tracking cookies show which websites are being visited even more and where there is potential interest. Advertising cookies are then used to display personalized advertisements. Since non-functional cookies collect personal data, such as the IP address, we will always request permission before we place these cookies. Permission will in that case be requested upon a first visit to the website. When cookies are placed, they will be active as standard with every subsequent visit to the website. Cookies can only be deleted via the settings of your web browser.
Despite the care and attention paid to the management of this website, it is possible that the site contains incorrect information. Hotel Maassluis cannot be held liable for technical or editorial errors that occur on this website, nor for any consequential damage that is the result of the use or temporary unavailability of this website or the links to the website of third parties.